Here are the steps:
- Turn ignition off before making cable connections.
- Clamp the positive (red +) clamp to the positive terminal on the vehicle battery
(for negative ground system), or an alternate vehicle starting point as
recommended by vehicle manufacturer.
- Clamp the negative (black –) clamp to the vehicle ground (non-moving metal part,
such as the vehicle frame).
- Make sure the cables are not in the path of moving engine parts (belts, fans, etc.).
- Start the vehicle (turn on the vehicle ignition). If the vehicle doesn’t start within 6 seconds, let the jump starter cool
for 3 minutes before attempting to start the vehicle again or you may damage it.
- When the vehicle is started, disconnect the negative (–) battery clamp from the
vehicle frame and return it to its holster.
- Disconnect the positive (+) clamp and return it to it’s holster.
SUGGESTED RECHARGE TIMES FOR YOUR JUMP STARTER
After a single jump start: 1 hour
After multiple jump starts: 12 hours or overnight
After using as portable power: 24-36 hours